Everyone look for their hand, neck and face but, some areas like elbows get neglected. There are many cause of dark elbow skin such as dry skin, lack of attention, dead skin cells, friction etc. In order to lighten your dark elbows you need to pay some attention to your elbows. Here are some tips on how to lighten dark elbows.
Exfoliation process is essential for removing dead skin cells. Try to use a gentle scrub to exfoliate your elbows. Use a loofah, and an exfoliating scrub like a sugar scrub or a substance that will take off the dead skin cells. Apply an adequate amount of scrub on your elbows. Scrub the area gently for about 30 seconds and then wash it off. Use this remedy – make a mixture by combining gram flour, turmeric and milk. Apply it on your elbows and scrubbed off after 30 minutes.
In order to get rid of dry skin, moisturize your skin with shea butter or cocoa butter based deep moisturizer. Now, use some remedies given below.
Remedies and Tips:
- Lemon juice is loaded with skin lightening properties. Apply lemon juice on the affected area for few minutes.
- Make a mixture by mixing 1 teaspoon Vitamin E + 1 teaspoon Glycerin + 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 4 tablespoons milk. Apply it to the elbows. Leave it on for about 15 to 20 minutes and then wash off.
- Make another mixture by mixing and 1 teaspoon coconut oil with ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mixture on your elbows for about 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse off with water.
- Apply olive oil on a daily basis.
- Apply a mixture of yoghurt and vinegar to the elbows. Leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes and then rinse off.
- Try to drink plenty of water and eat lot of fresh fruits and vegetables to keep your skin soft and supple.